Thinking about getting started on those seasonal crafts now that September is here but don’t know where to start? Whip up something festive and easy for Halloween with this FREE Halloween Photo Frame Art SVG cutting file and basic tutorial! This crafty little project is simple, super cute, AND cost & time efficient! Let’s get crafting!
What you will need:
- Photo frame in size of choice (Any size will work as the design will be scaled to fit YOUR frame!)
- Vinyl or paper of choice for the design display (I used a gold vinyl that has tiny specks of glitter)
- Cardstock or paper of choice for the background of your photo art (I used a thick white cardstock matte photo paper, cut to fit my frame)
- Cutting machine and software that accepts SVG files (I use the Silhouette Cameo)
- The FREE Halloween Photo Frame Art SVG Cutting File
- Load the SVG file into your cutting software and resize as needed for your photo frame. There is no need to ungroup layers or adjust anything other than the image as a whole (unless you want to!). Easy, right? 🙂
- Place your vinyl or design material of choice down onto the cutting mat, matching your setup in the software, and cut away!
- Before removing your design from the cutting mat, cut your cardstock paper to fit your frame perfectly. This will be the backdrop & surface for your design!
- Remove your design from the mat and attach it centered onto the background paper. If you are using vinyl, be sure to smooth everything out until there are no air bubbles left.
- Place background paper with design into the frame and admire your craftiness!
Try out different designs you find and use various frame sizes for even more fun and creative memories!